At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a HSE Health and Saftey Manager (Wastewater) for our Miami, FL office.
• Oversee multiple contractors involved in the new build and rehabilitation of WWTP’s (Waste Water Treatment Plants), Pumping Stations and Force Mains
•Oversee contractors constructing and rehabilitating waste water and waste water collection and transmission infrastructure, gravity sewer systems, force mains up to 54” diameter, submersible pumping and dry well/wet well pumping stations
• Ensure Construction Contractor compliance
• Carry out site HSE inspections, audits, and reports.
• Assist Contractor addressing noted safety concerns and provide training and guidance as required.
• Attendance and input at monthly/weekly/daily contractor and client meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in HSE, occupational health or other relevant degree
• Experience in wastewater and wastewater collection and transmission infrastructure, gravity sewer systems, force mains up to 54” diameter, submersible pumping and dry well/wet well pumping stations.
• Experience with current and emerging waste water treatment plant installations including, but not limited to, chemical (liquid and gaseous) storage tanks, pumps and dosing systems, monitoring and sampling systems. Sludge dewatering and thickening systems, pumping systems. Digestion process, FOG, Standby generators, Co-Generation Facilities, Clarifiers, Screens and screenings handling equipment, HV, MV and LV electrical systems, controls and SCADA • Experience with lock out tag out procedures.
• Experience with working with civil and building inspectors and electrical and control engineers/inspectors.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,000+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: